Mom and I went shopping for dresses for the upcoming wedding. Mom was considering a tasteful peach suit for her mother of the bride ensemble when suddenly she found her dress!
Yes Mom. I think it's you.
I sent Nikki a pic of it - she thought I meant it for her. She did add that with maybe a jacket Mom might be able to pull it off if Mom was really interested. "Mom," I say off to the side of the phone. "Are you really interested in that dress?" She just laughs.
Then the conversation took a turn for the weird. Nikki says "Oh, can you tell mom that I found a new diaper rash ointment for Addison. It's got 40% stink oxide." Stressing each syllable I reply "Stink oxide?" "Oh yes!" She exclaims.
A few minutes later I tell Mom about the new stink oxide. Again she just laughs. "I think you mean zinc oxide."
What can I say? It was odd but stink oxide IS appropriate.

No comments:
Post a Comment