Thursday, August 26, 2010

Unstoppable Force vs Immovable Object

I haven't tested my skills for some time, but tonight a confluence of events left me with few alternatives but to try my strength. As I strode into the house, bearing my sundries, Maggie took one look at my face and fled to the safety of the yard. Rory, ever faithful, (and perhaps sensing the forces at work,) stayed close. I laid out my tools, and was, for a moment, a little doubtful. Perhaps it was too much. Perhaps I should take a step back, reconsider, get some perspective. But no. Hubris and Ego were at stake now.
Besides, Whitney wasn't going to be home for hours.
I set forth upon the path of pure creation. I gathered materials, applied force and physics. This was a task that combined science, art, and sociology. I checked for imperfections, twice. And when I felt my creations could endure no more, I sent them to the crucible.
I rested from my labors for a season. Eventually, I began to prepare the final resting place for my creations. As I did, I looked in on them, to gauge their progress.
And for the second time, I felt doubt creeping in. Perhaps it had been too much. But no matter. It was out of my hands now. My creations had their own lives now, and I had little choice but to accept their final outcomes. As I delivered them from their trials, and to the resting place I had prepared, I was awe stuck with my creations. These were Titans, created to test the will of those who would challenge them. Men have lived to face challenges like these, and men have died in the attempt.
These were no simple, ordinary Hamburgers.
These were Manburgers.

2 comments:

  1. I told Rich that diagrams are in order but he doesn't want to admit to how big they were. LoL.

    ReplyDelete