Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Park times

Tonight Rich decided I needed a night off. I'd come home from work thinking I had an ear infection (which I did not thankfully) and feeling underwhelmed with my work as a document monkey so he decided something different was in order. I got an old blanket out of the closest and he gathered a flashlight and books and we went up to Palo Verde Park to read. The park was crowded due to baseball and football teams practicing so we settled in by the dog park enjoying the cool yet prickly grass, the clack-clack of roller skaters and roars (is too unmasculine to say cheerful cheering?) from the tiny football players. The vibrant use of the park is something I've always enjoyed. Besides, who can resist reading classic science fiction while enjoying the company of your best friend under the starlit sky?

No comments:

Post a Comment