June 2, 2012
My goal today was to get some time in to scrapbook. The split schedule at work has been great because the house is cleaner, I'm cooking more from scratch (for which PCOS thanks me) and I'm spending more time with the family. The cost is that the time at night I normally scrapbook is being taken up by work. Between that and the extra hours I was putting in to get our year end project done I haven't had much time for me. So today I was going to plan the week's meals, shop and do laundry. Maybe swim. Then I was going to spend some time scrapping.
I've been struggling with the Walt Disney World scrapbook because it's just such a big project! So to defer that project a bit longer I turned to working with Bryce's graduation pictures. Do you know how hard it is to put together elegant pages for a boy? I actually just got a kit (the first one I've gotten which wasn't a freebie) called "Geek Boy" but it was too playful for a solemn rite of passage. Streaming through the hundreds of embellishments in my folders there were beautiful, elegant and refined options but they were all flowers and pearls and buttons - just kind of girly.
Once I got through the first page I felt they could be a little more relaxed and the rest flowed. Enjoy my teaser page!

No comments:
Post a Comment