Saturday, June 16, 2012

Play Date with Addison

June 8, 2012

My plan for today was, once I got out of work at noon, to work on Rich's birthday cake. I needed some supplies so mom and I went out shopping. Addison had fun at first but started to rapidly melt down to the point, in Target, she started crying desperately "I want a nap!! I want a nap!!". Mom needed to meet Alei so I offered to take Addison back to my house for a nap. She was thrilled. 

In the fashion of a true toddler, she laid on the coach waiting Netflix for her nap. She loved my quilt and snuggled up to it. Then demanded a snack so I cut up an apple with some Goldfish. While she was resting I was in the kitchen baking the first layer of the cake, starting the dough for whole wheat pitas and doing some cleaning. 


Once Addi was "awake", we played with my blocks with "Spring" painted on them (she's been begging to play with them since I bought the blocks). 

We also pulled out the musical instruments that I had left over from a work conference and rocked our hearts out. You haven't lived until you've heard "I Am a Child of God" accompanied with maracas!

We rounded out the day baking the second layer out the cake. She even cracked the eggs! 


Moral of the story? Buy more blocks - 6 blocks just don't cut it. 

P.S. A post all about Rich's cake, with the much asked about questions, is coming soon... 

No comments:

Post a Comment