Saturday, August 3, 2013

Dinner Out

We had dinner with Meme tonight. Mom, dad and Addison were going to join us but we met Meme at her room. We met all her friends along the way - Dell was a cute little old lady who grabbed Rich's hand and announced he could stand with her. I started teasing him about his girlfriend later.

The rest of the crew showed up but Addison was feeling antisocial. She wouldn't talk to Meme or her friends and most definitely wouldn't look up. Mom remarked many times that she was behaving like me at that age. I asked her if that makes it nature or nurture since Addi and I both spent the majority of our days with mom at that age. Mom just laughed.

Addison took looking at the menu very seriously although she took umbridge at me taking pictures of her (once she caught me!).

Uh oh! I've been caught!

The Berlin wall is up. 

It took a bit for our food to get to the table and after collecting all of the plasticware in the middle of the table, ordered dad and Rich to put on their napkins, and drank a cup of apple juice followed by chocolate milk, she was clearly bored. She wanted to go! Once I commented on it Rich and dad, who were sitting closest to her, promptly began a conversation about ponies with her - just to entertain her. It was hilarious but they are most definitely my heroes!

Mom, Meme and I were at the other end of the table and spent the meal eating. Meme and I both ordered egg salad on rye although she went for light rye and I went for dark. We talked about the time she and GGP took me to a bakery somewhere to get rye - the first time I had it. I've loved it every since. She told me then how proud GGP was of me which I hadn't ever realized. It was nice to hear. She took it as fact which amused Rich and I!

While the rest of us were finishing dessert and Meme's friends were stopping by to say hi, Addison started dancing around like a ballerina. All of the ladies thought she should be put in dance classes. 


Le Princesse insisted we all return to Meme's so we trooped down to see Rainbow/Buttercup/Poopsie the beta fish before heading home. 






No comments:

Post a Comment