Every June Sunquest has the annual awards ceremony which spans 3 continents, multiple time zones and it's all live. This year it was held at the Reid Park Doubletree and I got there a little early to grab breakfast. None of my coworkers were there at the time so I sat with some of the people I worked with on the ICU team. The directors and executives were wandering around so I talked to some of them. A number of awards are given out each year - most of them go to the Sales' teams. The rest are usually given for leadership and contribution to the company. Most of those remaining awards are a dollar amount given to a charity on behalf of the recipient. Then there are the Circle of Excellence awards. These recipients, in addition to the Sales' awards, are normally sent to a tropical location for a leadership summit (read: bask in the sun and drink...).
This year, the awards were given out based on the values the executives are rolling out this fiscal year - Seek It, Break Boundaries, Think Solution, Stand Tall and one other... I think Drive it? Anyway...
Much to my surprise, I received the second "Seek it" Circle of Excellence Award!!! Usually 1-2 are given for each category. My manager was recently let go so without him around I figured no one on my team would receive an award. My coworker Wade Oliver also received the COE award.
All I could do was text Rich "We're going to Cabo baby!". Oh yeah, Cabo San Lucas is our destination this October. We're going to a great all inclusive resort. I'm a little nervous because all of the executives come but over the last month I've spent more time than I would have expected with a number of the executives - they're not as scary as I thought. When I think about it I'm still surprised I received the award - it's a big honor! It's nice to be appreciated for all of my work.
Rich and I decided to celebrate by ordering Pei Wei for dinner and I loved my fortune cookie - so accurate... if a little late ;-)
P.S.
This is where we're staying... Peublo Bonito Pacifica Resort and Spa


No comments:
Post a Comment