The day started out normally enough until we drove up to the Sunquest building. There we found, starting at the turn into the parking lot and snaking around the building a foot wide path made of some sort of shavings (think hamster cage). It looked like someone was creating a circle around the building and we weren't sure if we could drive over it. In fact, for most of the loop around the build it was just large enough for a car to drive on one side of it. Rich claimed it was a magic circle. Clearly to make up the revenue shortage we're going to start executing some new rituals err I mean processes at work!
(For accuracy sake - the trail ended underneath a large waste management truck which, per the company wide Chatter feed, was leaking oil or some other liquid, and the shavings we saw was to absorb the leak).
The day continued quietly which I appreciated and sooner rather than later it was lunch time! Nikki and mom picked me up and we met Alei at Paradise Cafe and Bakery for mom's birthday lunch. Addison wasn't so sure about the new locale for lunch (lately her opinion is it's Target or nothing) but with the promise of an M&M cookie she trooped on in. I got the smokehouse turkey panini which was really good - I gave mom a bite and she agreed. I tired her club and it was alright but I loved the panini. Nikki got a bbq chicken salad that looked good. Addison stuck to the cookies and Alei got the same club as mom. The chiplet cookies were really good too - my favorite was the sugar cookies.
Happy Birthday Mom!
P.S.
This is the first post as part of my variation of project 365 - more on that later!




No comments:
Post a Comment