Friday, August 26, 2011

Don't forget the veggies!

Wednesday is meatloaf day at the cafe at my work. Normally I bring a well balanced healthy breakfast and lunch to work but I disliked dinner and didn't have anything other than leftovers for lunch.

Whenever I buy lunch it's never meatloaf day. But when I'm not buying lunch the guy in the cube next to me always gets it - it smells delicious and they make the best mashed potatoes.

So Wednesday I talk Rich into letting me buy lunch and I order my meatloaf with anticipation. I'd spent most of my lunch calling parents about soccer so I had to go back to my desk to eat.

Albert, the guy in the cube next to me, leans over the wall and says "something smells good!" He admires the food and goes back to work.

Then Wade starts to walk past my cube. He stops, comes back, and takes a deep whiff.

"Mmmmm... what's that? Meatloaf? It smells amazing!"

"I know I couldn't resist it."

"OH man, I want some. And I'm a vegetarian!"

That is how good meatloaf day is!

No comments:

Post a Comment